Thanks to those of you that completed our survey to find out - What does it take to pass an Objective Test exam?
So far we've had a great response with over 60 students taking part!
We've received responses from students who've passed and failed exams across all CIMA subjects, This means we have good range on which to base our findings.
These findings should definitely help you in your upcoming exams and will surely be beneficial to future students.
Here is an overview of the key points:
The secret to passing is...
Putting in the hours!
We were able to break down the exam pass rate by hours of study and the results were clear.
|Hours of study||Number of Passes||Number of Fails|
|Less than 40||40||41|
- Students that studied for between 40-60 hours had a pass rate* of 69%
- Students that studied for less than 40 hours had a pass rate of 49%
*Pass rate= number of passes/total number of attempts
The toughest exam is...
- Based on the survey, students are failing P3 and F3 on more than one occasion before they pass.
- So far P3 had the highest failure rate in our survey proving to be the toughest exam.
- Now that CIMA have changed the pass mark, I would hope that the pass rate in these exams falls into line with the others!
- Study Texts, Mock Exams and Revision Questions were the most popular study materials used by students, with a majority of respondents finding them 'useful' or 'extremely useful'.
- Everybody (that's 100%!) who had passed an exam had used Study Texts as part of their revision and 95% had completed Mock Exams.
- 80% of those people who have used Mock Exams had completed 3 or more.
- More than three quarters of students who had passed exams had used Revision/Practice Questions.
- A combination of study texts, revision questions and mock exams was seen by students as the most useful revision materials.
- By contrast, the use of these materials was much lower for students who failed exams. More than half of the students who had failed, did not use revision/practice questions as part of their preparation for the exams.
You can still take part in the survey by going to the following link. It's totally anonymous and will only take a few minutes - What does it take to pass an Objective Test exam?
Astranti Financial Training.